Our Equalities Vision
Our Equality and Diversity Vision is integral to our overall vision of improving the quality of life of everyone who lives and works in the West Midlands and is embedded in our values, strategic aims, policies and day to day activities.
We put equality and diversity at the heart of the business. We value the diversity of our customers, staff, suppliers, partners and all the people we work with and are committed to treating everyone fairly and achieving equal outcomes for all.
We strive to creative a positive working environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect and provide services and implement strategies that meet the diverse needs of people in the West Midlands.
- Work in a way which promotes equality and diversity and which does not discriminate against any of our staff, service users, partners and people living in the region.
- Take into account and value individual and group differences and implement policies that recognise people’s different needs.
- Challenge any instance of inequality and proactively address the different needs of our employees and people in the region.
- Proactively engage and consult with people to understand the diverse society in which we operate, ensure our policies and services meet key needs and that there is public involvement and influence in decision making, planning, policy and service delivery
- Continue to strive towards a culture that is diverse and inclusive that recognises the benefits and opportunities of having a diverse community of staff.
- Strive to ensure that everyone can access our services, facilities and information
- Ensure equalities and diversity are priorities across all parts of the organisation, including at senior level
See our Equality and Inclusion Review 2015/16